It’s true; man has no contentment in life. He keeps on asking for something and once he gets what he wants, he still keeps on looking for something new in order to be happy. When problems arise, man resorts to different ways in order to solve, forget, or ignore his personal concerns, including drugs and illegal substances which are not the best solution.
Christian drug rehab centers suggest these eight ways on how to live a happy, peaceful, and sober life.
- Avoid blaming anyone or anything for your bad feelings about life. Nothing and no one outside yourself can control your thinking or your action.
- Avoid blaming yourself not being in perfect control of your life. You are doing the best you can, and you are on the way to reclaiming your power.
- Be aware of those circumstances in which you play the role of victim. Learn to identify clues that you are not taking responsibility for your life.
- Familiarize yourself with your biggest enemy. Practice replacing it with a loving internal friend.
- Figure out the payoffs that you “stuck” in life. Once you identify them, you will probably be able to become quickly “unstuck”.
- Determine what you want out of life and act on it. Stop waiting for someone to give it to you. You will wait a long time.
- Be aware of the many choices you have in any situation that comes your way. Choose path that contributes to your growth and makes you feel at peace with yourself and with the people around you.
- Enjoy what you have. People who have the most in life are only as likely to be happy than who have least. People who like what they have, however, are twice as likely to be happy as those who are actually have the most.
For more sober living tips and advice from Christian drug rehab centers, consult with the experts at Homes of Promise or visit their website at http://www.homesofpromise.org/drug-rehab.